The words equity and equality are often confused because they appear to mean the same thing in conversation.
They both have to do with the way people are treated, and both are used in the fields of law, government, politics, economics, and education. Specifically, these terms are used to describe actions that are attempting to ensure fair treatment of people. However, equity and equality are not the same, and the methods used to achieve them are often very different. Let’s look at what these two words actually mean and how they are being abused in present-day politics.
What is Equity?
Equity is defined as “the state, quality or ideal of being just, impartial and fair.” The concept of equity is synonymous with fairness and justice. Equity needs to be thought of as a structural concept. https://www.dictionary.com/browse/equity
What is Equality?
Equality is the state of being equal, especially in status, rights and opportunities. Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources and opportunities, regardless of their circumstances. https://unitedwaynca.org/blog/what-is-equality/
How is Equity different from Equality?
Equity involves trying to understand and give people what they need to enjoy full, healthy lives. Equality, in contrast, aims to ensure that everyone gets the same opportunities in order to enjoy full, healthy lives.
A good way to show the difference between Equity and Equality is with an example. Let’s assume someone wanted to donate money to a political candidate. If the donor wanted equality, they would donate the same amount of money to all political candidates. If the donor wanted equity, things become more complicated because how do they donate “fairly”? Should candidates get less or more money based on their needs? Regardless of the criteria, any attempt at trying to donate fairly and not equally means the donor is looking to achieve equity and not equality.
In some ways, the idea alone reminds me of the famous statement by Karl Marx:
Marxism is particularly present in our politics, where there’s been a shift in terminology away from ‘equality’ and towards ‘equity’.
The Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002 attempted to regulate the amount of money political candidates can receive to keep wealthy donors from essentially “owning” the candidate. Campaign Finance Reform has not resulted in equal outcomes. Wealthy donors have formed numerous non-political financial organizations, making equal financial opportunity in political campaigns impossible. In today’s political arena, in order to create equal outcomes, equity is required.
President Biden Embraces Equity and has abandoned the quest for Equality
- Biden preaches unity but practices division.
- Equity has now come to mean the functional opposite of equality. Equity now means treating Americans unequally to ensure that outcomes are equalized.
- The average voter has no idea how manipulated our elections have become. As the result of an ever-increasing Marxist / Socialist infiltration to curtail our personal freedoms, voters are actually willing to vote against their conscience to maintain party dominance.
History is replete with examples of “free” and democratic countries losing their freedoms FOREVER due to the insidious, failed, Marxist standard. https://drrichswier.com/?s=voter+fraud The most recent examples are Venezuela and Brazil.
Biden’s recent Executive Orders on “Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government”, is an attempt at bringing back FDR’s Great Society identity politics. https://nypost.com/2021/01/26/biden-to-present-racial-equity-plan-sign-executive-actions/ https://www.heritage.org/press/heritage-foundation-experts-respond-ill-advised-biden-executive-orders One of the orders’ main objective is to require all federal agencies to remove any policy that may produce unequal outcomes among racial groups. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/01/26/remarks-by-president-biden-at-signing-of-an-executive-order-on-racial-equity/
- The Order defines the term “equity” as the “consistent and systematic fair, just and impartial treatment of all individual,.”Sounds reasonable, but what is not stated is how the administration interprets the meaning of “fair” and “just.” “Equity,” by the way, appears 21 times, while “equality” is never mentioned, and there lies the important rub.
- It will likely be a “woke” interpretation, considering the definition’s exhaustive inclusion of every victim category under the sun
- Biden’s order also revokes a Trump-era federal ban on using critical race theories to harass employees.
- The order also attempts to erase history itself, by revoking the “1776 Commission”, whose purpose was to return America to an objective teaching of history. https://www.heritage.org/american-founders/commentary/bidens-disbanding-1776-commission-shows-lefts-war-us-history
The overreach represented by Biden’s equity order, has everything to do with Biden’s weakness dealing with his far-left democratic donors, and nothing to do with unity.
Does Marxism curb individual freedom?
Marxism states: “the reconciliation between individual freedom and communal freedom can be accomplished through the abolition of private property on the one hand and the Equity vs Equality
Below is a list of ten policies promoted by the Democratic Party that proves they have become the party of Cultural Marxism: https://www.gotquestions.org/cultural-Marxism.html (Click on the underlined for details)
- Green New Deal – read about the Green New Deal
- Global Warming & Climate Change – read about the environmentalist movement.
- Censorship – read about censorship.
- Voter Fraud – read about voter fraud here.
- Illegal Aliens – read about illegal aliens.
- Sodomy – read about LGBT issues.
- The Followers of Mohammed – read about Islamic supremacy.
- Infanticide – read about abortion.
- Taxing the Rich – read about taxation.
- Government Free Stuff – read about government largess.
Today, most Americans have no idea that the foundations of our country have been slowly eroded, i.e, elections, in accordance with the principles of Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto. https://www.offthegridnews.com/misc/how-america-became-a-communist-nation-by-porter-stansberry-with-braden-copeland/
The fact that we are even entertaining the discussion of Equity vs Equality in politics is a clear sign that we have lost our moral compass. Modern voting has become an exercise in distrust. Our constitution, by federal law, designated the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November as Election Day, https://www.history.com/news/why-is-election-day-a-tuesday-in-november knowing that early voting results could affect turnout and sway opinion in states that held late elections. Similarly, last minute voters could potentially decide the outcome of the entire election.
Does this scenario sound familiar? Presently we have states accepting mail-in ballots 50 days prior to an election, without signature verification or accountability, and election results are delayed weeks after elections close.